How do I file a private criminal complaint?
The Private Criminal Complaint form can be obtained at the Magisterial District Judge's office or at the Administrative Office of Pennsylvania Courts website ( in the area where the alleged crime was committed. The complaint, unless the crime is a summary offense, after filing in the Magisterial District Judge's Office will be forwarded to the District Attorney's Office for approval. When the District Attorney returns the approved complaint, a hearing will be scheduled. If the District Attorney disapproves the Complaint, you can petition the Court of Common Pleas for a review of the decision. (Pa. Rules of Criminal Procedure 506(2)).

Show All Answers

1. Can I report a crime to the District Attorney's Office?
2. How do I file a private criminal complaint?
3. How do I file a domestic violence complaint?
4. I am the victim in a domestic violence case and I want to drop charges. How do I do drop charges?
5. I think I have been cheated by a contractor, tradesman or other person who provides labor and/or services. Can anyone help me?
6. I would like the District Attorney’s Office to help me obtain child support for my children. Can the District Attorney help me?
7. I believe that someone is taking financial advantage of an older adult or that the older adult is being abused, what should I do?
8. I have been subpoenaed by the District Attorney to appear as a witness in a criminal case. Can I get witness fees?
9. What if I can't attend on the date stated in the subpoena?
10. I am a defendant and I do not like the attorney who is representing me. Can I talk to the Assistant District Attorney about my case?
11. I have a complaint about your office. How do I contact you and will you respond?