Are there counseling services available to crime victims?
Yes, counseling is available. For victims of sexual assault/abuse: The STTARS program-724-229-5007 or 1-888-480-7283. For Domestic Violence: The Washington Women’s Shelter-724-223-9190 or 1-800-791-4000 For other violent crimes: The Crime Victim/Witness Assistance Program can refer you to therapists. All of these services are available free of charge and are confidential.

Show All Answers

1. Can I drop charges?
2. My property was recovered by the police, how do I get it back?
3. Do I need to hire my own attorney?
4. Are there counseling services available to crime victims?
5. What is the difference between restitution and Victims Compensation Assistance Program?
6. If I have to go to court, how should I dress?
7. I have to testify, what will I say?
8. Who pays for the services provided by the Crime Victim/Witness Assistance Program?
9. How can I find out more about my court case?
10. How soon will I get my restitution money?
11. What if the defendant does not pay his restitution?
12. Do I need to be present in court?
13. Is restitution mandatory?
14. How do I get restitution?
15. Will my restitution be paid promptly?
16. What is not covered by restitution?
17. Can my insurance company receive reimbursement from the defendant?
18. Is someone available to accompany me to court?