- Tax Revenue
- Judicial Sale
2023 Judicial Sale
Click Here For All 2023 Judicial Sale Registration Forms
Effective as of August 2021 per Act 33: ALL Prospective Bidders are required to pre-register at least 10 days prior to the sale date. Registration for the Washington County 2023 Judicial Sale will take place at the Washington County Tax Claim Bureau located at 95 W. Beau St., Suite 525, Washington, PA 15301 beginning at 9:00 A.M, MONDAY, JUNE 5, 2023. Registration will conclude on FRIDAY, JUNE 9, 2023 at 4:30 P.M. Only complete applications, with all required registration materials will be accepted - DO NOT DROP OFF INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS. NO EXCEPTIONS! Before registering for any sale, you are advised to read and review the included Sale Conditions & Instructions provided with all registration materials.
FORMS & FEES REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION:
- $25.00 Registration Fee (Cash Only)
- Bidder Registry Form
- Copy of Valid Photo Identification Card or Driver's License
- Affidavit of Bidder
- Affidavit of Non-Bidding Potential Owner (If Applicable)
IF REGISTERING AS A BUSINESS, CORPORATION, OR LLC:
- Copy of IRS Form SS-4
- List of names and any associated business names/LLC names, business addresses, and phone numbers for all members, officers, managers, partners, and/or any other persons with any ownership or right (attach separate list to bidder registry)
- I AM an adult citizen at least 18 years of age and am/are authorized to make this Certification.
- Pursuant to section 619.1 of the Real Estate Tax Sale Law, 72 P.S. Section 5860.619.1, I hereby certify to the Washington County Tax Claim Bureau that I am not delinquent in paying Real Estate taxes to any of the taxing districts in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and that I have no outstanding municipal utility bills within 3 years of this affidavit.
- I am NOT bidding for or acting as an agent for a person who is barred from participating in the sale.
- Pursuant to Section 601 (d) of the Real Estate Tax Sale Law, 72 P.S. Section 5860.601 (d), I hereby certify that I have not had a landlord license revoked in any municipality within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and I further certify that I am not bidding for, or acting as an agent for, a person whose landlord license has been revoked within the last 3 years.
- I have NOT engaged in or permitted an uncorrected or unresolved housing code violation, failed to maintain property in a reasonable manner such that the property posed a threat to health, safety or property, or permitted the use of property in an unsafe, illegal or unsanitary manner such that the property posed a threat to health, safety or property.
- Pursuant to Section 618 of the Real Estate Tax Sale Law, 72 P.S. Section 5860.618, I hereby certify that I am not the owner of the property immediately prior to sale thereof by the Washington County Tax Claim Bureau, nor am I in any of the following legal relationships with the owner; trust, partnership, corporation, or any other business association.
- I acknowledge, that as a prospective purchaser, I have had the opportunity to have an examination made of the title to any property in which I may be interested. Every reasonable effort has been made to keep the proceedings free from error. However, in every case, the Tax Claim Bureau is selling the taxable interest and the property offered for sale by the Tax Claim Bureau without any guarantee or warranty whatever, either as to structures or lack of structures upon the land, liens, title or any other matter.
- I have reviewed and acknowledge the Tax Sale Rules Governing the Sale.
- I acknowledge that if I have violated any of the above provision, that the Tax Claim Bureau may prohibit me from bidding at the Sales.
If you are found to be in contrary of the notarized and certified stipulations of sale, YOU MAY BE PROHIBITED FROM PARTICIPATING IN THIS TAX SALE AND/OR ANY OTHER TAX SALE IN WASHINGTON COUNTY.
If you would like to pre-pay for an updated list of properties to be sold on the day of the sale, the cost is $10.00 per list. You must pre-pay for as many lists as you would like DURING REGISTRATION. If you do not pre-pay for a list, we will NOT have extras to sell at the auction.
SALE LISTS & OPENING BID AMOUNTS
Click Here To View &/or Print The Judicial 2023 Sale List
**STARTING BIDS OF PROPERTIES ARE INDICATED BY THE SALE PRICE COLUMN ON THE JUDICIAL 2023 SALE LIST. SALE PRICES INCLUDE ALL WCTCB RELATED COSTS, DEED RECORDING FEES, LOCAL TRANSFER TAXES, & STATE TRANSFER TAXES.
BUYER BEWARE: It is highly recommended that you research each and every property that you intend to buy at any tax sale. Title searching services are not provided to potential buyers through the Washington County Tax Claim Bureau, however, you may hire a title searcher to complete a search on any property independently. You may be responsible for any liens, judgements, mortgages, state/federal liens, unpaid taxes, unpaid municipal bills, etc. - It is EXTREMELY important that you do your research before purchasing anything.
The Washington County Tax Claim Bureau does update the 2023 Judicial Sale List periodically on this website. Please be advised that parcel owners have the right to redemption if they redeem their delinquencies in full before the sale of their property, including up and until, their parcel is sold at the auction. For this reason, our department cannot guarantee that any desired parcel on this list will actually be sold on the day of the Judicial Sale.
As mentioned above, you MUST pre-register for the sale during the given registration period above. If you are not registered, you cannot register on the day of the sale. There are NO EXCEPTIONS!
All sales ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS will be given. If you rescind your successful bid on a property, you may be banned permanently from ever attending any future Washington County Tax Claim Bureau sales.
BID PAYMENTS: will be collected IN FULL at the Washington County Treasurer located at 95 W. Beau St, Ste. 130, Washington, PA 15301 by 3:00 P.M. the day of the sale. If payment is not received to complete the purchase, the bidder understands they will be permanently banned from attending or participating in any future sales in Washington County. Bid Money payments will be accepted in the form of cash, certified or cashier's check, money order, or Attorney’s check. All checks should be made payable to the Washington County Tax Claim Bureau. No Personal Checks will be accepted for Bid Payments.
TRANSFER TAXES: (calculated on the Fair Market Value of the property) will be included in the opening bid prices of each parcel. Recording Fees are also included in the opening bid prices of each parcel.
When deeds are recorded, you will be contacted by either the phone number or email provided on your Bidder Registry form submitted at registration. If the Washington County Tax Claim Bureau cannot successfully contact you by either method stated, deed(s) will be mailed to the address provided on the Bidder Registry form by First-Class, USPS mail.
Your tax bill address for the parcel you purchase will be the address provided on your Bidder Registry form submitted at registration. This address will appear under the Certificate of Residence portion of the tax claim deed. If you would like to change your address after the deed is recorded to a different address, please call the Washington County Tax Revenue Department at (724) 228-6850 for more information about Address Change Requests and how to submit them properly.
ENTRANCE TO ANY PROPERTY PURCHASED IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED UNTIL A DEED IS RECEIVED. The present owner has the rights and responsibilities of the property until the deed is recorded in the purchaser's name and NO rights of ownership are transferred until that time.
The Washington County Tax Claim Bureau does not maintain any property sold at the sale in any way - keys to the property are NOT provided to the successful bidder(s).
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS SALE, OR ANY OTHER TAX SALE, PLEASE CALL OR CONTACT THE WASHINGTON COUNTY TAX CLAIM BUREAU AT (724) 228-6850.