Washington County Tax Claim Bureau
NOTICE OF JUDICIAL SALE OF PROPERTIES FOR DELINQUENT TAXES
TO THE OWNERS OF PROPERTIES DESCRIBED IN THIS NOTICE AND TO ALL PERSONS HAVING TAX LIENS, TAX JUDGMENTS, OR ANY OTHER JUDGMENTS OR MUNICIPAL CLAIMS AGAINST SUCH PROPERTIES:
YOUR PROPERTY IS ABOUT TO BE SOLD WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT FOR DELINQUENT TAXES. YOUR PROPERTY MAY BE SOLD FOR A SMALL FRACTION OF ITS FAIR MARKET VALUE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AS TO WHAT YOU MUST DO IN ORDER TO SAVE YOUR PROPERTY, PLEASE CALL YOUR ATTORNEY, THE TAX CLAIM BUREAU, OR THE COUNTY LAWYER REFERRAL SERVICE.
Washington County Tax Claim Bureau
Pursuant to the Pennsylvania Real Estate Tax Sale Law, Act of 1947, P.L. 1368, No. 542, as amended and by order of the Court of Common Pleas of the County of Washington, at No. 2020-907, for purposes as set forth in Section 612 of the Pennsylvania Real Estate Tax Sale Law (72 P.S. 5860.612 et al), notice is hereby given that the following properties listed shall be sold by the Tax Claim Bureau of Washington County on
freed and cleared of all tax and municipal claims, liens, mortgages, charges and estates, excepting state and federal liens and excepting separately taxed ground rents, to the highest bidder at or above the amount as set by the Court and to the extent that such tax and municipal claims, liens, mortgages, charges and estates can be properly discharged.
All properties to be sold were previously exposed to an Upset Sale on one of the following dates: September 25, 2018, September 27, 2019, November 22, 2019, September 24, 2021, & November 24, 2021.
All properties to be sold were previously advertised in the Washington Observer-Reporter, The Valley Independent, & The Washington County Reports on one of the following dates: August 9, 2018, August 8, 2019, August 12, 2021, & August 16, 2021.
Notice is hereby given that the properties described on the sale list will be sold by the Washington County Tax Claim Bureau for non-payment of delinquent taxes, filed against such properties in the dockets of said Tax Claim Bureau under the provisions of the Real Estate Tax Sale Law, Act of July 7, 1947, P.L. 1368, No. 542 (72 P.S. 5860-101, et seq.) and the amendments and supplements thereto. The sale will be held at Washington County Courthouse Square, 100 W. Beau St, Commissioner’s Meeting Room 103-104, Washington, PA. The sale will commence on MONDAY, JUNE 27, 2022, AT 10:00 AM prevailing time and will continue until such time that all properties have been exposed for sale by public bidding.
Terms of the Sale: The following are our terms of sale. By registering to bid, you are agreeing to ALL of the following terms of sale in the event your bid is successful:
- Pursuant to 72 P.S. Section 5931, all sales by the Tax Claim Bureau are subject to the rule of CAVEAT EMPTOR. In every case, the property is offered for sale by the Bureau without GUARANTY OR WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, whether as to existence, correctness of ownership, size, boundaries, location, structures or lack of structures upon the land, liens, title or any matter or thing whatsoever.
- Registration will take place before the sale, beginning at 9:00 AM on Monday, June 6, 2022 and concluding on Friday, June 10, 2022 at 4:30 PM at the Washington County Tax Revenue Office located at 95 W. Beau St., Suite 525, Washington, PA 15301. Registration can also be made by mail. A non-refundable, $25.00 deposit (cash only) will be required to be made by each registering bidder at the time of sale registration. Proof of identification in the form of a driver’s license or other government-issued photo identification MUST be presented at the time of registration for bidders as well as non-bidding potential owners. A notarized Affidavit of Bidder as well as any Affidavits of Non-Bidding Potential Owners must be completed as part of the registration for the sale. Each registrant will be provided an auction/bid number before the tax sale on June 27, 2022. If you are registering as a business, corporation, or LLC, YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR IRS FORM SS-4 FORM as well as LIST OF ALL NAMES, BUSINESS ADDRESSES, & PHONE NUMBERS FOR ALL MEMBERS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSONS WITH ANY OWNERSHIP OR RIGHT. The registration forms are available for download on the Washington County website. All registrations (In-Person & Mailed) must be received and submitted completely by 4;30 PM on June 10, 2022. There will be NO REGISTRATION on the DAY OF THE SALE. ***** DUE TO COVID-2019, THE GENERAL PUBLIC IS NOT PERMITTED TO ATTEND THIS SALE UNLESS REGISTERED PRIOR TO THE SALE***
- Upon conclusion of the auction, the full purchase price of each property must be paid for in the form of cash, money order, bank certified funds or attorney’s checks. NO personal or personal business checks will be accepted. All sales are FINAL. Failure to pay bids MAY lead to further action against the bidder, including, but not limited to, an action for specific performance, forfeiture of any deposits or payments made on other properties bid on, disqualification from this sale and future sales, and/or further sanctions as may be imposed by the Court and/or the Washington County Tax Claim Bureau. THE PURCHASE PRICE IS TO BE PAID AT THE TREASURER’S OFFICE, 95 W. BEAU STREET, ROOM 130, WASHINGTON, PA 15301 BY 3:00 PM ON THE DAY OF THE SALE, JUNE 27, 2022.
- No individual may bid upon any property unless properly registered PRIOR to the commencement of the sale.
- No individual may offer any bids either individually or as an agent for any other person or entity if he/she:
- Owes any delinquent taxes/municipal claims to any school district, municipality or other taxing body located IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA within the last 3 years
- Has engaged or permitted an uncorrected or unresolved housing code violation, failed to maintain property in a reasonable manner such that the property posed a threat to health, safety or property, or permitted the use of property in an unsafe, illegal, or unsanitary manger such that the property posed a threat to health, safety, or property IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA within the last 3 years
- Has had landlord renting privileges revoked or suspended by any taxing jurisdiction located within THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA within the last 3 years
Any individual who is found to be in contravention of the above shall forfeit any registration fees, deposits or payments made on any properties bid upon, with any sums so deposited applied to outstanding tax liens, and shall be subject to further sanctions as may be imposed by the Court and/or the Washington County Tax Claim Bureau on behalf of Washington County and the taxing jurisdictions it serves. This term of sale is in addition to and not to be confused with the right to cure delinquencies as provided by RETSL. You may also be banned from registering from future tax sales in Washington County, Pennsylvania.
- DEED RECORDING – title will be in the registered bidder’s name and non-bidding potential owner’s names ONLY (NO EXCEPTIONS). If a deed is to be recorded in the name of a trust, corporation, company, LLC etc., the registered bidder must disclose at the time of registration that he/she is bidding in such a capacity, and valid documentation supporting the existence of the trust, corporation, company or entity must be provided to the Tax Claim office before the deed can be properly prepared, subject to the following additional terms: (a) A property may be deeded to a trust, provided that proper documentation of a legally recognized trust is provided to the WCTCB. Said Trust/Corporation/Business/LLC (etc.)’s must be in existence prior to the sale and registered with the Internal Revenue Service. The Trust/Corporation/Business/LLC (etc.)’s EIN or Social Security Numbers must be provided and evident on the documents and for reporting purposes as required. As described in the terms of pre-registering for the sale, YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR IRS FORM SS-4 FORM as well as LIST OF ALL NAMES, BUSINESS ADDRESSES, & PHONE NUMBERS FOR ALL MEMBERS, OFFICERS, MANAGERS, PARTNERS, AND/OR ANY OTHER PERSONS WITH ANY OWNERSHIP OR RIGHT. Under no circumstances will the WCTCB be considered to be the Grantor to or Settlor of a Trust. A named Trustee, Member, Officer, Manager, Partner, etc. MUST be designated as the Grantee, who shall hold legal title to the property on behalf of said business, trust, LLC, corporation, etc. (b) A property may be deeded into a corporate entity provided that said entity is registered with the appropriate Department of State, and documentation supporting said registration is provided to the WCTCB and verified. EIN numbers must be provided for reporting purposes. (c) All supporting documentation provided shall be subject to review and approval of the Director and Solicitor
- The address used within the certificate of residence on the deed will be the address given on the Bidder Registry registration form. If your municipality requires a P.O. Box, please provide the P.O. Box and the house number and street on the BIDDER REGISTRATION FORM.
- Other terms will be announced at the time of the sale.
***RECORD OWNERS SHALL NOT BE PERMITTED TO REDEEM PROPERTY AFTER THE SALE OF SAID PROPERTY***
All properties exposed for sale at the Judicial Sale that are not sold will be transferred to the Washington County Repository for Unsold Properties. Those properties will be exposed at a Repository Auction to be held on Monday, September 12, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. at Washington County Courthouse Square, Commissioner’s Meeting Room 103-104, 100 W Beau St, Washington, PA. All parcels being exposed at the auction will have a minimum bid price of $600.00. Trailers will have a minimum bid of $250.00. The Repository Auction will be advertised online along with the terms of the sale approximately one month prior to the sale. Please follow the Repository Auction on the county website at www.co.washington.pa.us/ Tax Revenue Department/Claims/Repository.
Raffaele Casale, Director of Washington County Tax Revenue Department
Blane A. Black, Solicitor