You can find the links to each of our e-Recording vendors by clicking on the "E-Recording" link to the left.
As AOPC advised last July, the temporary surcharge portion of the Judicial Computer Project/Access to Justice/Criminal Justice Enhancement/Office of Attorney General (JCP/ATJ/CJEA/OAG) fee that was authorized in Section 1795.1-E of The Fiscal Code, 72 P.S. § 1795.1-E, is set to expire on August 1, 2023. As a result, this temporary surcharge of $21.25 on all cases would no longer be collected. This means instead of collecting a fee of $40.25, the correct fee would be $19.00 for all cases as of August 1st.
- This would mean that the base recording fee for a deed would be reduced from $80.25 to $59.
- Other recording fees with a base fee of $69.25 would be reduced to $48.
We will continue to keep you apprised of developments related to the surcharge and appreciate your understanding in this matter.
As a reminder, ALL DEEDS STARTING AT THE YEAR 1781 TO THE PRESENT are available online and remotely from www.Landex.com - If you have any questions on how to access these records from your personal computer, how to purchase copies, or how to use the website itself, please call 1-800-370-2836, Option 4 to speak to a Landex representative.
The Washington County Recorder of Deeds Office was established in 1781 to:
- Record deeds, mortgages, subdivisions, and other documents deemed by state law to be of enduring public value. Documents are recorded, indexed, verified, and scanned within the current business day
- To collect fees and taxes levied for recording the documents and distribute the receipts to the state, county, municipalities, and school districts in accordance with the law
- To assemble and retain the documents permanently for administrative, legal, and historical purposes
Subdivisions are submitted in paper or mylar form. Signatures required on subdivision:
- Washington County Planning Commission
- Local Planning Commission (where applicable)
- Board of Supervisors / Borough Council
- Owners of subdivided real estate