About the Department
The primary function of the Finance Department is preparing the annual county budget and supervising the budget throughout the year. Additionally, the office also conducts annual budget hearings/meetings for county departments.
Other responsibilities of the department include:
- Advising the Board of Commissioners on fiscal matters.
- Recording and processing of county revenue for eventual deposit.
- Investing of county funds.
- Application and reporting of state and federal grants.
- Managing county debt and initiating debt-related payments.
- Maintaining internal ledgers for various funding sources.
- Reconciling of bank and investment accounts.
- Management of all property and casualty insurance policies.
As a convenience to the public, copies of the county budget and the audited financial statements can be found on the navigation menu to the left.
View the department's staff directory