The following items are needed by the Sheriff's Office for WRITS OF EXECUTION
PERSONAL PROPERTY AND GARNISHEES
1. Writ of Execution -- Original and Copies (Raised-seal copy for the Sheriff and one per defendant, garnishee and prothonotary return).
2. Writ of Execution Notice (List of Major Exemptions and Claim for Exemption Form) and 2 sets of Interrogatories per defendant for garnishee.
3. Stamped, addressed envelope to each garnishee defendant, with $0.50 postage (when metered), or $0.55 postage (where first class postage is used), or $0.78 (for 10 or more pages), plus two self-addressed, stamped, envelopes with the attorney's (or Plaintiff's if not represented) return address (one for the receipt, one for the return).
4. Instructions to the Sheriff, ONE PER DEFENDANT OR GARNISHEE -- If a vehicle is involved, we need the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and an 'abstract sheet' (from PENNDOT) to levy on or seize the vehicle.
5. A check made out to the "Sheriff of Washington County" in the amount of $200.00.
REAL ESTATE PROPERTY
1. Writ of Execution -- Original and one Copy per Defendant.
2. Short and Long Description. (One long for Deed, Two short for advertising) Short description should include Plaintiff, Defendant (or owner), actual address or lot description, parcel ID number, docket number, judgement, attorney name and phone number)
3. Affidavit of last known address.
4. Affidavit of Lien Holders (Rule 3129.1)
5. Notices to the Defendants, stating time and place of sale.
6. Instructions -- One per Defendant, One for Posting, making sure we
have the exact location of property to be posted. (We need STREET ADDRESSES, NOT PO BOX NOs.)
7a. Check made out to the "Sheriff of Washington County" in the amount of $2000.00.
7b. Check made out to "Washington County Reports" in the amount of $415.00
8. Mark Deed Description and Caption the Case (for the Deed). Also needed is the parcel ID number (all 16 numbers and hyphens)
WE CHARGE FOR ANY EXTRA COPIES WE NEED TO MAKE, PER PAGE, AS WELL AS ENVELOPES AND POSTAGE WHEN NOT SUPPLIED.
FOR REAL ESTATE: ALL PAPERWORK SHOULD BE CAPTIONED.